- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup leafy greens, chopped
- 1 sheet wakame dried seaweed, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Shiro miso, white, divided use
- 3 slices tofu, soft or firm, pressed, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 scallions, shallots, and thinly sliced mushrooms for garnish
In a large saucepan, bring four cups of water to a boil. To this, add your favorite vegetables, such as bok choy and leafy greens. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender. Add the 2 tablespoons of Shiro miso, making sure not to let the mixture return to a boil, because the miso will lose its flavor.
Add the wakame and tofu. Add additional miso, if desired, depending on your salt preferences. Garnish with scallions, shallots, and thinly sliced mushrooms. Serves 4.
Health Benefits: miso paste (fermented, gut health) & seaweed (reduces thyroid and heart disease)