Pesto pasta salads are always a crowd favorite; this recipe makes a quick and easy side dish that party-goers will love! We think it’s a perfect dish to round out your New Year festivities.
- 3/4 pound fusilli pasta
- 3/4 pound bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups jarred pesto
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cook the fusilli and bow-ties separately in two large pots of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes, until each pasta is al dente. Drain both, combine, and toss in a large bowl with the olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
In the food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade, purée the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and purée again. Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta, and then add the Parmesan, peas, pine nuts, salt, and pepper. Mix well, season to taste, and serve at room temperature. Serves 12-20.